Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Progress!

Woody got up early and walked seven miles. He cut his walk a bit short as he knew that rain was on its way. As it was, he ended up walking in the rain for about half his walk. The heat pump team arrived around eight and got busy. They pulled their van up next to our garage and did some of their work in the garage and came into the house through the garage. They went to work at the head of the stairs cutting a hole in the ceiling for the air return. Their work kept us blocked from the school room. Elijah did come over and I did a little school with him in the family room and then he and Goosey (Woody) read for quite a while along with checking out the noises that were coming from various areas of the house. We did have a thunderstorm while Elijah was over here and he isn't too fond of thunder...but it was sort of hard to distinguish real thunder from the noises that the workman were making. I stewed a chicken and made chicken broth. When it was time for Abigail's sewing lesson I went over to their house. She will finish her mother's placemat tomorrow. After lunch, I went to the church library and worked for quite a few hours. Definitely we made progress in the library. We emptied a lot of boxes and filled up a lot of shelves. We still need the doors on the front of our cabinets, but it is looking quite good. I stopped at the pharmacy on my way home to pick up two of my prescriptions. While I was gone, there was a lot of progress made on the heating/cooling system. The downstairs unit is all connected and is working. And, the new digital thermostat is all set where Woody wants it. I haven't heard it come on yet. They lack a bit of getting the upstairs unit hooked up...they had to do more to get it connected as we hadn't had a separate unit for the upstairs before. But we are definitely seeing progress...as in a light at the end of the tunnel as far as being able to heat and cool our house. It is turning colder so we will be glad to have heat both up and downstairs shortly...sometime tomorrow unless something unexpected happens in the installation. While I was gone, Woody got a call from the roofers. The shingles are to be delivered on Friday and the roof is to be put on Saturday. About an hour ago I had 5 little cherubs and 1 larger cherub (Nathan) come over with cookies that they had made. Yummy...homemade gingersnaps...reminded of my mother...she made the best gingersnaps...and the ones that the neighbors made were very good. Abigail read to me while they were over here. Graham and Woody worked on his multiplication this afternoon while I was at church. We have had a busy day. The day has worn me out. I'm ready to go find a comfy spot and read!

No comments:

Post a Comment