Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Hallmark Moment!

I just love this "Hallmark Moment" that I captured this evening as we were walking over to the neighbor's house to "kid sit!" Reminds me of a Christmas card. Their tree is up, but out of the picture to the left of them...if that had been in it then it would be the perfect Christmas card! You can see part of their Christmas village on the shelf that Nathan just built for Kathy.


We have had a busy day and once again much progress has been made. Both heat pump units have been connected and are working. The workers worked for about two hours inside today and then the rest of the time outside. Some other workers were looking at our house and Nathan and Kathy's this afternoon. I'm guessing that they are the siding people. Supposedly the shingles will be delivered sometime tomorrow and then the roofing is supposed to happen on Saturday. I don't know when the siding and other repairs are supposed to happen.


We had school pretty much as usual today. Elijah and Esther had their school over here and then I went over to their house and had Joy read to me and finished some of her school work and then Abigail and I sewed. Abigail finished her Mother's placemat today. She has plans in her head for the next one she will make...Joy's. Graham and Abigail came over to the house to finish up their school work while their parents and other siblings went grocery shopping this afternoon. Graham was going to go on a walk with Goosey, but the wind was blowing so much that he felt that he wasn't dressed warmly enough so he came back and stayed with Abigail and me while Goosey (Woody) walked his four-mile route...Goosey came back and got more layers as he said that the wind was really making it cold. We went next door at supper time to take care of our five youngest grandchildren while their parents went on a date night...their mommy and daddy are needing to get in some Christmas shopping minus the children. I came over to the house to take my supper medications and to blog. I am heading back to get little ones into jammies and then read stories. I think that the plan is that I will read bedtime stories to the girls and Goosey will read bedtime stories to the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment