Saturday, November 26, 2011

Ahhhhhhhhhh Traditions!





It has been our tradition to get out the Fisher Price Nativity on the day that we have our family Thanksgiving celebration. This year this happened as soon as Melany, Wade, Erin and Alex arrived. Graham, Abigail, Joy, Esther and Elijah watched in anticipation till they pulled up in front of our house. Since there was still time before the meal would be ready, I gave them permission to start getting it ready...that was all it took...my OK! I tried to snap a couple of pictures in between preparations for the meal. Elijah really didn't remember it since he was so small last year. He was a bit overwhelmed when they were all getting into the boxes...as a matter of fact he wandered away after a while. But...when it was all opened and set up and the older children had left it, Elijah went back out to enjoy it all by himself. He's the first that I have caught, at least, crawling up on the coffee table to get closer. He really likes making the angel sing and figured out very quickly where the on/off switch was. He also likes the ladder that is on the side of the inn. When he had some of the people sleeping on the roof, he made sure that the ladder was there so they could climb down when they woke up! It was good to see the enjoyment that they all seemed to have. I like the way they have most of the animals and people all lined up outside the stable so they can see baby Jesus. It will see many changes in set up over the next month.


Woody's allergies are still making him feel not the greatest. The medicine that he is taking makes him sleepy. He's hoping that it will help him get over what ails him. He's not talking very loudly today...resting his voice too, I guess. He did go to the library and to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. He went next door for a short amount of time to watch the children. I have have done about as little as I possibly could today...trying to recover from all the activities of the week. I did manage to finally place an order for some gifts online today. This evening I am watching a vintage Christmas DVD here in the sewing room while I get my computer to stay online and while my sewing machine stitched out a design on a towel. I decided that I wanted a couple of new Christmas hand towels for our guest bathroom...so have one new one finished...so an accomplishment! But I couldn't face getting back into decorating mode today...a lazy day! We have both enjoyed leftovers. I had my favorite leftover...a hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes for lunch. Woody has had a couple of his favorites...turkey sandwiches and also the broccoli casserole.



No comments:

Post a Comment