Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sign Of The Times!



This morning our sweet Abigail (8) signed one of the songs that the choir sang. She did such a good job. We are really proud of her. She had worked really hard to learn this song using signs and was so excited about doing it. I really like the top picture as a good portion of the choir and the praise team are watching her.


Woody got up early (as usual) and walked his four-mile route...a bit chillier these mornings! Woody and I went to the early church service. Then we both taught our respective Sunday School classes. After Sunday School, we both slipped into the balcony to see Abigail. I, of course, took pictures! After she signed with the choir, Woody and I slipped out of the balcony and headed home. We came home and had lunch. Woody turned on a football game and I came upstairs to work on some machine embroidery designs. A little later, Nathan came over and asked if we could watch Elijah for the rest of the afternoon and part of the evening. He was really congested and they had a gig in Lebanon, TN and thought that it would be good for him to stay home from this performance. Woody went over to their house till Elijah finished his nap and then he and Elijah came over to our house. The three of us had supper. Then it was time for Woody to head to church. Then Elijah and I got busy playing...we played with two different farms and blocks and cars and a circus and...well, you get the picture. I tried to go blog when Woody got home from church, but Elijah decided to come up and help me (guess we had bonded at that point...because when Woody left for church he really didn't want Goosey to leave!) and we ended up playing things like..."rock-a-bye baby" and "this is the way the lady (gentleman, farmer) rides" sitting here in my office chair...so I got distracted from getting the blog done (then when I got back home the internet connection wasn't working). Elijah also wanted to see the bird picture on the computer...I thought that he meant the one that I posted the other night that he had seen in the back yard, but I think that he really meant the little sparrow that is the background on my laptop screen. He did play tea party out in the hallway for a few minutes while I worked on deciding which pictures to use tonight. After we played around upstairs for a while, I decided that he was tired so Goosey and I headed over to his house to get him ready for bed. He got into his jammies and Goosey read him some stories. Before I got out the door to come home, the rest of the family arrived home...so I stood around and talked for a while. I didn't even know when Woody slipped out to come back to watch the 4th game of the World Series. That's what he is doing right now while I blog. Last night's game went the way he wanted it...time will tell about tonight's game! I think that I will go join him downstairs...I'll take my book so I can read while I keep up with what is going on with the game.



No comments:

Post a Comment