Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy "Joy Day!"





This has been quite the day! We have, in our family, officially changed the name of the real "Columbus Day" (October 12) to "Joy Day!" Our sweet Joy turned six today! Abigail will turn eight in five days. So today was their "cake and ice cream day." Goosey and I were invited over for homemade pizza and ice cream and cake. The cake was a unicycle designed by their daddy...their mommy made the cake (a fresh strawberry cake...very yummy). There was a six candle on one part of the cake and an eight candle on another part. They both made their wishes and blew out their candle. After cake and ice cream Joy opened her presents. The sewing that I had been doing for Joy was a new outfit for her baby doll.




Woody got up early and walked five miles. Later in the morning we had a TVA "EnergyRight" evaluation of our house and now have a list of suggested "fixes" that would make our home more energy efficient. I did some more sewing on a birthday present for Abigail. Then we had the party next door. After the party I did a bit more sewing. Woody put in a library DVD and pretty promptly fell asleep. It wasn't long till I felt the need for a power nap and gave into that need. When I woke up I read a little more of my book. Woody has read, "watched" a DVD, and watched a bit of a playoff baseball game. We both walked around in the yard late this afternoon. We checked out Graham and Joy's gardens and saw that they both have garlic up. Woody showed me his garlic and onion bed.








No comments:

Post a Comment