Monday, October 10, 2011

How can anyone be bored?!

As my grandchildren (especially our oldest two grandchildren) know..."bored" is a word that doesn't exist around my house. If one says they are bored...then I tell them that I will find them something to do! My problem is that I have too many things to accomplish in the time that I have! Today I wanted to sew and cook...which I have done. I'm making something for Joy for her birthday (Wed.) and I also made one of our favorite soups, J. Hatheway's Italian Sausage Soup. I cut out the pattern this morning and then after lunch I made the soup...which took quite a while and then I rested in a rocking chair for a while and then got the machines ready and got busy sewing. My problem is that I like to do too many things! I also am reading a good book...so I sort of want to sit down and read rather than do the things that I planned for the day! I just like to do too many things...that definitely keeps boredom to a minimum around here.

Woody got up really early and went for a six-mile walk. He has also worked on mowing the lawn. He ran an errand this afternoon and has read and even watched a bit of a baseball play-off game. Unfortunately he can't watch his team play tonight as we don't get the station that broadcasts it. The computer will have to give him the results of that game. Woody is at Monday Night Prayer meeting as I type this. Well, back to sewing till it is time for Dancing With the Stars. I will sit downstairs with my book on my lap and read during the commercials...one way to get a little time to read! I also plan to sort out some sewing notions that need to be put back in their proper places.

No comments:

Post a Comment