Thursday, October 20, 2011

One Less Squirrel!

This morning as I was finishing with Joy's school time, Woody told me to grab my camera. Nathan had spotted this bird of prey in the "Back 40" (what we call the lot that Nathan and Kathy own behind our house). So I headed out the back door and spotted it pretty quickly. I was able to get several pictures before it flew away. It was having a late morning snack on one of our neighborhood squirrels...one less of those rascally pests!

Woody waited a bit to go on his walk due to it getting colder. He walked his four-mile route. We have a freeze warning out for the early hours in the morning so Woody harvested the sweet potatoes that he was growing in a barrel. He also harvested the rest of our green peppers and our oregano and thyme. I had school with Elijah, Esther and Joy and had sewing lessons with Abigail. Abigail completed her placemat today so she is half-way through making placemats for her family. This afternoon I went to get my hair cut and while there I made my next two appointments...the last two of this year. I made them today as they fall close to the holidays...which could be mean busy, hard to get appointment times. I can't believe that it is at the point in the year that I am making appointments around the holiday times! This year has gone by so quickly. I stopped at the Credit Union on the way home. When I got home, I called Abigail to have her come over to read to Goosey (Woody). It wasn't long after she came over that Kathy, Graham, Joy, and Esther showed up. They came over to work on disassembling K'nex structures that had been built over the last few months...it had gotten to the point that Graham could hardly fit back in the K'nex area to be able to build! Kathy knew that it wouldn't be long till all K'nex boxes will have to be put away for Christmas decorating (so the Christmas tree will have a place!) so she decided to get the children motivated (with a lot of help from her) to get structures taken apart and pieces sorted back into the proper places in the proper boxes. While they did that I got to working on supper for tonight. We had sauteed beef, green pepper, and onion pita sandwiches. Woody also cooked some asparagus to go with them. Woody is now watching the second game of The World Series. He was pleased with last night's outcome...we will see what tonight holds for his team.


No comments:

Post a Comment