Friday, September 30, 2011

Final Friday

I can not believe that September is all but over. It just seems like yesterday that I was writing that it didn't seem possible that it was the last day of August! I guess...that it means that I am getting old...I have always heard that the older you get the faster time goes by...if that is the measure...then I am OLD!!!!!!!!!

Today has been a day of getting "ducks in a row," as we prepare for our next trip to NIH (Bethesda, MD). I had never been able to get the hotel room for both nights at the NIH rate so started looking for another place to stay for the first night. We will now have to negotiate rush hour traffic to be able to get to NIH on time to have Woody's lab work done an hour prior to his scans...we need to be at NIH by 7:20am on Wednesday...not a problem when we stay at a hotel just down the street that has a shuttle to take us. We will be about 30 minutes away...BUT...the map quests don't take into consideration rush hour! We'll get there...the good Lord willin'!

Woody got up early and walked his 4-mile-route. Later he took Elijah with him on to do some grocery shopping and errand running. Elijah was so excited! Woody also took him to Caboose Park...there is a red caboose "parked" next to the railroad track almost in the middle of downtown. Woody said that Elijah was so good running errands with him. But he said that the cutest was when Elijah saw his mommy when Woody brought him home. Elijah couldn't get to her quickly enough!

While Woody was out running errands with Elijah, I headed off to run some errands of my own. I stopped at the pharmacy to arrange for them to phone/fax my doctor as the next time that I get one of my refills I will need her ok. And, I will need them filled on the weekend that we get back when the doctor won't be there to ok the renewal. So I have the pharmacist getting that approved for me while we are gone. Then I went for a visit at my favorite store in town...Janie's Sewing Center. I picked up a couple of things, but the main reason that I went was that I just wanted to visit! I had a good visit and made arrangements for my sewing machine to go in to be worked on while we are gone. Good to have it worked on while I am away...that way I don't have too many withdrawal symptoms...can't sew when I am on the road! I came back into the house to the smell of something good cooking. Woody had made a meatloaf while I was gone. It really tastes good. We hadn't had one in a long time.

We have both pretty much taken it easy this afternoon and evening. Graham, Joy, and Esther spent a little while over here this afternoon. This evening, Woody has watched a DVD so he can take it back to the library tomorrow. I had a nice surprise phone call from Erin a few minutes ago. She and I made plans for Goosey and me to stop by her college campus and see her on our way home from NIH next Friday. She goes to East TN State...waaaaaaaaaaaay off in the eastern part of the loooooooooong state of TN...so pretty far to just drop in for a visit...but we are in her neck of the woods when we go to and from Maryland so thought that it would be fun to drop in on her and let her show us around.

I guess we are in the mode of getting ready for our next trip. I put the first things on the guest bed that we need to pack...driving directions to the new hotel and Woody's NIH appointment papers. Come Tuesday we will once again be "on the road again!" I'm hoping that we will see some Fall color. Trees are just starting to turn here. Erin said that trees were turning yellow and orange where she is...so hopefully as we head more east and north the colors will be starting to turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment