Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Foggy Morn!

When Woody got up this morning, he couldn't see Nathan's house it was so foggy. Last night I happened to notice that the fog was settling in when I glanced out the window...so grabbed my camera and tried to capture the fog in the pitch black...that is except for the street light. Not the best picture, but it shows the fog before it got pea soup thick in the wee hours of the morning. Huntsville had zero visibility this morning. Woody didn't walk due to the fog being so thick. The day turned out to be absolutely beautiful. The children and I had school. It was art lesson day. We tried to show motion in figures by using diagonal, zig-zag and curved lines. They drew themselves or others doing an activity outside...swimming, running, etc. Today we used crayons and colored pencils (and, of course, paper). Graham had a sewing lesson after art and finished the blanket for his baby brother-to-be. He did a great job on it! This afternoon I had an appointment, that I dread like the plague, with the dentist. I survived! Woody did a bit of mowing this afternoon. He left a while ago walking to the prayer room at church. I am getting ready to settle in to watch Dancing With the Stars. Tomorrow I will start attempting to get a reservation at the hotel for next week's appointments at NIH. "On The Road, Again"...shortly! The three month respite from travel is about to end! It's been nice to stay home for this long.

This afternoon a funny thing happened. I was sitting on the front porch talking on the cell phone with Melany. A truck pulled up in front of Nathan and Kathy's house. The bed of said truck was full of items that looked like they had seen better times (in other words: one man's trash is another man's treasure!). Anyway, they were eyeing the little picnic table that our grandchildren had pulled close to the road in their attempt to be entrepreneurs. I guess it looked like it was something for the taking...but I rescued it from joining the other treasures in the back of their truck. And, then pulled it back into the yard a bit! I'm rather glad that I was sitting there at that time. I think that the children would have missed their little table!

No comments:

Post a Comment