Friday, September 2, 2011

A Little of This, A Little of That!

Woody got up earlier than usual...he is having some sinus/allergy problems. So he headed off for a four-mile walk. Then he came home to read, watch TV, watch a DVD, and help me with a sewing project. I got him involved in helping me to figure out how big to cut a piece of fabric to cover a pillow. I had found instructions on the internet for the type pillow that I wanted to make and for the life of me I couldn't see that they had included enough information/measurements. After looking at the instructions, Woody agreed with me so I explained what I was trying to do and then he helped me figure out how big of a piece of fabric that I would need. It's a bit "funny" trying to explain what I am trying to do to a mathematician. Right side to him means the side on the right. Right side to me means the pretty side of the fabric! But we finally got those communication problems out of the way and I now have a piece of fabric cut (with his help) and ready to run through the serger and the sewing machine...so time will tell if we measured correctly (I think that we did!) I have also machine embroidered two more Christmas ornaments...so I now have eight just about ready to add to the box where I am accumulating Christmas gifts. The only things that I have to do to seven of these is to wash out the water soluble fabric that I sewed them on...then I will be left with eight ornaments that are ready to put a hanging cord and they will be "tree ready." I also managed to do a little cleaning today...as little as possible! It has been another hot day here in Middle TN...once again Weather Bug and our digital thermometer read 100 to 101F....toooooooooo hot for September! I stayed in for most of the day I did walk out in our back yard a few minutes ago to see the neighbors (Nathan and five younguns). They returned today after being away for a week...so I "needed" to say "hi!" I got an email from Erin. She made it through her first week of college and was setting to work to get her homework behind her so she could enjoy the long weekend. Good plan, Erin!


No comments:

Post a Comment