Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hard Workin' Thursday!

Woody got up early and walked his 4-mile-route. I also got up early...but didn't walk. At their appointed time Elijah, Esther, Joy, and Abigail came over for their school time. Abigail did get some sewing machine time today and did get the first placemat seamed and turned. I came home and relaxed...talked with my sister on the phone. Woody headed next door after he finished lunch. They had plans for a couple of new gardens and he had told them that today was a good day as the ground would be wet enough to dig and also weed. Graham really worked hard as did all. Graham decided that he wanted a little plot to call his own and found a place for it...he planned for a triangle shape...but decided that he ended up with a plot the shape of a piece of pizza! With Goosey's and his dad's help he did get it dug up and a layer of mulch on it...ready to winter over I guess! He is so excited making plans as to what he will plant in it come Spring. I was the photographer and the rest worked really hard...Elijah was best at gathering worms that they found and putting them in his BIG dump truck. Kathy did a big weeding job in one of their gardens. Woody and Nathan dug up another bed and hauled mulch in and other dirt and grass out. The girls did a little bit of everything. Everyone was enjoying digging in the dirt on a very pretty day after all the rain. They put me to shame so I did go out and deadhead and weed some in the front flower bed for a while.

After that I came in and I made a salad...but didn't get it started early enough for tonight's supper...so we had leftover chunky tomato sauce and sweet Italian sausage on linguine...pretty good leftovers! After supper, I got busy making muffins. Abigail and her mommy and daddy are heading out really early in the morning for her to have a hearing and ear check-up so Woody and I will be keeping an eye on the other four. I made a double batch of blueberry muffins for everyone in the morning. While I was getting ingredients put together we had several knocks on the door...the first knock was Joy. She and her siblings were on a scavenger hunt and she needed hugs and kisses! No problem! I ended up fulfilling all their needs for hugs and kisses! And, then they came back looking for a squirrel...found a picture of one in one of our books, as all real outside neighborhood squirrels had gone to bed for the night (or so it was determined)! The children were having great fun. Well, muffins are out of the oven...time for me to go put my feet up!

No comments:

Post a Comment