Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall Is In The Air!

Woody and I went on a morning walk together this morning. There isn't a lot of color in the trees but there are spots that show that Fall is approaching. Tonight's picture shows some color on our dogwood tree. We didn't walk far this morning as I was testing my foot...and I managed the walk without it giving me much pain. I can still feel that it has had a problem...but it is much better. We walked over into the next neighborhood and around a block there and then back. It was a bit nippy out...and my foot didn't bother me too much, but other joints did protest! Later in the morning Woody took another walk and got his hair cut. The children have been in and out today playing (no school for Grammy today). Woody worked with Graham on his math and he read some stories to the girls. I worked on cutting out the fabric for a pillow top while some played in the living room. Before they left Woody took a nap. I never got my nap in today...and so...I keep falling asleep in front of the computer. I didn't think that I would ever get the pictures downloaded and then looked at to choose what I would post tonight...if the computer took its merry old time...then I would doze! Woody ran an errand in the late afternoon. Then we settled in and had supper and watched the news. Compost boy and girl just came over to take take our and their compost containers out to dump them in the compost pile. Compost boy hadn't been around for a while and when he came the other day (in mask and cape), I told him that we had been missing him. He explained that he was back to doing the job because compost girl (Abigail, who had been assigned compost duty as one of her chores) had been fired and that he had gotten the job back! Today he said that she was assisting him (rather dark out so I don't blame either of them for bringing an assistant). That about sums up our day=Compost Boy and Assistant to the rescue!


No comments:

Post a Comment