Friday, September 23, 2011

20% Chance = Drowned Rat

I wish that I had a picture to go with the title of tonight's blog...but I missed the opportunity! Woody watched the news this morning and the weather reporter said that there was a 20% chance of rain so Woody didn't check the radar. Well, not far from home it started to sprinkle...but he thought that was all that it would do so he continued on. At a point he put over his head the bag that he had for picking up aluminum cans. A nice lady stopped and offered him a ride, but he declined and continued on. About the time that he got to the next subdivision over it started raining hard and he was totally soaked by the time that he got home...that is...all but his hair that the bag kept dry! It was my day off from school and I have had a very lazy day. I have done a little bit of picking up around the house (but hardly enough to notice) and worked a little on the computer planning some machine embroidery projects and also cut a piece of fabric for the next pillow for the front porch. Woody went to the Credit Union and WalMart and Kroger. This evening Woody and I managed to hang a couple of decorative items on the wall that had been waiting for a couple of nails and my decision as to just where to drive those nails...task accomplished! Graham came over this afternoon to finish a game of Monopoly that he and Goosey had started yesterday. Then they roped me into playing a short game...that one we decided ended in a three-way tie...since everyone still had money when Graham got the call to head home for supper. And, with these words I have summarized our first day of Fall 2011. The rain that passed through this morning brought cooler temperatures...very crisp feeling outside...very fallish!

No comments:

Post a Comment