Saturday, September 17, 2011

Last Summer Saturday

Well, today is the last Saturday in SUMMER as next week FALL will begin. It is definitely starting to feel more like Fall. Today it got to the lower 80's...a beautiful day with puffy clouds overhead. I look forward to the blue skies of Fall...the blue just seems so much vivid...especially when the trees turn their brilliant oranges, yellows, and reds. I took this cockscomb on our walk yesterday. They were growing along a curbing on the road side rather than the yard side of the curb...but it did look like someone had planted them.

Woody got up early and walked six miles. Then he headed off to do the grocery shopping very early too...sixish. He was home with the groceries about the time that I got up. We put the groceries away together. Then not long after we got them put away, Woody headed off to the library and the fruit and vegetable market (our tomatoes are dwindling so we are having to supplement them with bought tomatoes that are grown in our area). This afternoon and evening, he has watched a bit of football and baseball and a DVD or two that he got from the library today. I have continued to work on a decorative pillow for our front porch. I have finished the top. A little while ago, I headed to WalMart to buy some batting and fiberfill to stuff the pillow...when it is made. I am hoping to get this pillow finished tomorrow and I didn't want to go to the store tomorrow so tried to think ahead about what I would need. I am pleased with the way the top looks...hope I like it as well once it becomes a pillow!


No comments:

Post a Comment