Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hot September First

I saw the weather bug temperature go to 100F today...it has been a very hot start to September. I really can't say that it was all that hot as I never stepped foot outside today. Woody said that it really was hot and that the humidity had risen once again. Woody got up early as usual and today walked his four-mile-route. He has sort of taken it easy most of the day as have I. He has worked on the homework for his "Fresh Encounters" class. He has, as usual, also read and watched a bit of TV. I have worked on some more Christmas ornaments. One of them took well over an hour to stitch out...there were 17 thread changes and 20,600 stitches...that one was a bit more stitch intensive than some of the ones that I have done so far. It certainly was worth the extra effort as I really like the end results. After supper, I have already stitched out another that didn't take so long...only 12,300 stitches and five color changes. (I don't count the stitches...the sewing machine does that for me!)The color changes take a bit of time as I have to change the bobbin as the ornaments that I'm making are two sided...pretty on both sides! I would show a picture...but it might give away a Christmas gift that I might give a blog reader! I told Woody that it would be hard to give away the one that took so long and turned out so pretty...he told me that it wouldn't be hard! After I got the ornament, that took so long, finished, I went downstairs and made our supper. We had an old stand-by...marinara sauce on whole wheat spaghetti...pretty good even though it was such a hot day and it is a quick cooking sauce. We hadn't had it in a while. I got to use several of the new kitchen items that came in the mail yesterday for the first time. They worked great as I had anticipated. It was also nice to be able to find things in the kitchen drawer that I cleaned out and rearranged last night. While I was cooking, we had a slight sprinkle...very slight...but enough to see drops on the leaves on the bush outside the kitchen window...and the street did get damp...but only where the trees weren't hanging over...so not very wet!

Woody got his monthly call from Vanderbilt checking on him...yesterday an email and today a phone call...they have been very attentive!

Happy September!

No comments:

Post a Comment