Friday, September 9, 2011

Beautiful and Busy Friday!

Woody and I got up early and headed next door. We needed to be over there by 6:15am so Nathan, Kathy and Abigail could head off to Nashville for Abigail's ear appointment. When we got over there only Abigail and her parents were up. I took them blueberry muffins for the road. When they left, I headed back next door to get the blueberry muffins for the rest of us. By the time that I got back Esther was up and the others came downstairs one at a time over the next hour till all were up...Joy was our last to rise. The muffins were enjoyed by all. Right after breakfast Graham headed upstairs and got dressed and then came down and got to work on his school work. Joy decided to have it be a jammie day and got busy with her school work, too. I went back home and got some papers for Esther to do so she had school today (though technically today is her day off from school...at least from Grammy's school). Elijah got Woody started on E-I-E-I-O right after breakfast and after Elijah got dressed, he and Goosey went outside to play in the backyard for a while. The school kids kept busy all morning with either school work or breaks between their subjects. Graham helped me make the sandwiches for lunch and Esther set the table. Then after lunch the two older ones headed back to work on their school work. Then they did a bit of "whatever" after they were finished today's school assignements, till Abigail and her parents returned. Abigail is still getting a reprieve from any further surgery. She still does have a hole in one ear...but it is closing slowly. Today the doctor vacuumed out her ear! Abigail said that it was LOUD...sort of like a BIG truck going past your house! Graham came over to our house to work with Woody on an electronic project that they started a couple of days ago. I took a nap not long after I got home! For supper we had the ham macaroni salad, that I made yesterday, along with some of the squash that Woody bought the other day at the Farmer's Market. After we finished supper, we did something that I haven't done in a long time...we went for a walk around the block. The weather is delightful...perfect walking weather. We were testing out my foot...it has been feeling a lot better lately...but I could tell on our walk that it still isn't 100%...be it a stress fracture...or whatever... I will continue to wear my tennis shoes tied tightly to help support it and try not to aggravate it. I took tonight's picture on our walk. The sedum was the main thing in bloom on our block and it really seems to attract flying insects. Every clump that we walked by was being enjoyed by a lot of the bug population. I managed to capture three different flying insects in one shot...click twice on the picture and you can really see the pollen on the bee. It was good to see quite a few honey bees attracted to the sedum...there for a while it was a rare occurrence to see a honey bee and we saw quite a few tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment