Thursday, September 22, 2011

Quick Post

We're next door "child sitting" while Mom and Dad go out on a date. I came home to look up something on the computer for Woody and Graham and decided that it was a good time to blog. Woody got up this morning and walked his four-mile route. I had school with Elijah, Esther and Joy and then sewing lessons with Abigail. Abigail got well underway with Elijah's placemat. His has fire trucks on it...read that "BIG Trucks!" Graham and Joy spent some time over here this afternoon. I ended up taking a nap as I didn't get a very good night's sleep. When I woke up, Woody told me he had a sinus headache...I have had one for a couple of days too...this change in the weather isn't good for our sinuses! Just as I was drifting off for my nap, I started hearing thunder and shortly we had a pretty good rain...we got close to 1/2 inch and quite a few loud thunder booms before it was all over...I did hear it as I drifted off. We headed next door at five to have supper with five little munchkins. Woody has been reading a navigation book to Graham. Joy has been doing some math on the computer. Esther has been using the iPad. Elijah has been playing with cars on the quilt town/road play mat that I made him for his birthday. Abigail has been doing some art. Busy times! Shortly after I get back it will be time for jammies and then stories.

Tonight's blog picture I took last year when we stopped at Normandy Lake one afternoon so I could take a picture or two. I was taking pictures of the Canadian geese when who should appear walking in the water close to the shore but this Great Blue Heron.


No comments:

Post a Comment