Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuckered Out Tuesday

Woody got up early, as usual and went on a four-mile walk. I slept in when compared to yesterday (when I woke up before 4am)...got up and got ready for school. I call over to their house when I am ready for each child and that child likes to answer the phone for his or her time of school. Elijah most of the time just nods (or so I'm told!), but he has started to say a little more on the phone. Today he told me that he would be over as soon as he got his pants on. I thought that it would take him a bit longer than usual since he was in the process of getting dressed, but he beat me coming across the yard...he was just a bit upset that I wasn't in sight when he got onto the stepping stones that connect our yards. But I popped out and he was happy once he saw me. He came in and had his lessons (working on primary colors, counting, sounds of the letters, and shapes). It's amazing what we can get done in 15 min. (the perfect time for his attention span at the moment). As soon as he gets through he heads down the stairs to read with Goosey and then Goosey takes him home when they are finished. As soon as I'm through with Elijah, I put in the phone call for Esther...today she couldn't find her shoes...but she finally did and headed over. She is making three-letter phonetic words with the movable alphabet (a box like a printers box with cardboard lowercase letters...so she can make the words on the floor that I say and sound out for her). Then she worked on counting from 11-19 with the beads and today we put the written form of the numbers with the beads. At that point it was time for us to get ready for the art lesson...she is my helper in getting things set up for art class. Then we put in the call for Graham, Abigail, and Joy to join us for an art lesson. We spent a fun hour doing prints today. They drew shapes on the bottom of a styrofoam plate and then we "inked" the plates with a magic marker and then pressed the plates on a piece of paper. Graham wrote everyone's names backwards so they would print correctly! Esther had no problem with writing hers backwards...she always wants to start on the right side of the paper and write back to the left...and then she makes her letters perfectly backwards!! She is a lefthander...plus she is her daddy's daughter and he can write most words backwards...he can even make an entire word appear the way he sometimes writes them...so I think that talent must run in the family! After art, Graham washed his hands so he could get back to work on appliqueing a sailboat on his baby brother-to-be's blanket. Today he got the sails appliqued down and has the stripe on the sail ready to applique when he has his next sewing class next Monday.

Woody made tuna salad and had it all ready for our lunch when I got finished with school. We ate and then I came upstairs to work a bit on the computer and also a bit in the sewing room. The sewing never happened as I got really sleepy. I finally gave in and flopped down on the bed while I waited for a phone call from a friend and slept till the cell phone started ringing...Melany was calling (not the call I had been waiting for prior to falling asleep!). After talking with Melany, I went down to fill Woody in on her call and I found him just waking up...he had also slept away most of the afternoon and was very surprised at the time. I guess we were both tired and/or sleepy. We scrounged (leftovers) for supper. Woody finished watching the news and then headed off on his Tuesday evening walk to the prayer room at church. I think that we are both planning to watch the Jacqueline Kennedy special tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment