Thursday, September 29, 2011

Greeter!

This is the "friendly greeter" at our front door. No matter how often I sweep down the web it is back very shortly. It spins a web at an angle in the corner and lives behind one of the siding panels. Graham and I have named him "Jumpy" because when it sees you or your shadow come close, it jumps back behind the panel. When I sweep down the web it jumps back behind the panel...I'm an never successful in catching it and its web at the same time with my broom. I notice that it has moved around the corner to the opposite side so not hiding as close to the door as it once was.

Woody got up early and went for a four-mile walk. I had school with Elijah, Esther, and Joy this morning and then sewing with Abigail. She finished Elijah's placemat. He was very happy when he saw the fire trucks on it. Abigail started her next placemat...hers! It will be very pink! Woody read to Elijah and Esther after they finished their school with me. I took it easy this afternoon and found myself giving into a nap mid afternoon. Woody has been working some on the computer today. Abigail, Joy, and Esther came over for a short time late this afternoon. Graham made a brief stop to take our compost bucket out to the compost pile. He was very happy that he had his school work finished for today and most of it for tomorrow, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment