Monday, September 26, 2011

Medicare Monday

Whew! I'm running back and forth up and down the stairs while I complete the blog tonight. I fell asleep watching the news and it was almost time for Dancing With the Stars when I woke up...so I'm doing the blog piece meal tonight...during commercials.

Woody got up early and walked his four-mile route. I had school with Elijah, Esther, and Joy and then sewing with Graham. He ended up sewing over here as I have the perfect stitch in my machine for the edge stitch for his baby brother's blanket. While Graham and I sewed, Woody had a meeting about a Medicare supplement. He has made his decision so when December 1 arrives all decisions will have been made. Abigail, Joy and Esther came over this afternoon to play and also watch a bit of PBS. I made another new recipe for supper, Chicken Orzo Skillet. It was pretty good...a "keeper recipe" for our recipe notebook. I am trying out several recipes from a cookbook that Woody checked out from the library. It is supposed to be quick recipes from Taste of Home. I'm not sure about the quick...but that could be because we skinned and boned our chicken breasts rather than using boneless chicken breasts and also we used fresh broccoli rather than a box of frozen broccoli...but this one took a bit more time (not exactly quick the way we did it) and I gladly passed the job of skinning and boning the chicken over to Woody. We shared some of this dish with the neighbors...Kathy wasn't feeling the greatest today and the kids had voted for PB&J for lunch...but their homemade bread didn't get done in time so they were promised PB&J for supper. Nathan gladly substituted PB&J (his would have been SB &J (Soy nut butter and Jelly since he is allergic to PB)) with our concoction...I think that some of the children may have sampled it as well. I have the chicken bones and a few veggies cooking on the stove to make some more liquid gold (chicken broth) for our freezer...now that it is soup weather we will be needing broth. After supper, Woody went to Monday night prayer meeting. And, now he is tolerating watching Dancing With the Stars with me. He tries to guess what the judges scores will be.

Adendum: After I clicked the "publish post" button and went downstairs, I found that Woody had tolerated as much as he could...he is now "resting his eyes!" He's getting the nap that I got earlier this evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment