Monday, September 19, 2011

It's Raining! It's Pouring!

I just sat out on the front porch and tried to get a picture showing how hard it was raining. It was rather low-light conditions, but I think that you can get the idea that it was coming down pretty hard. We have gotten a half inch of rain in not too long a period of time. This is a slow-moving cold front. I'm not sure how long it is supposed to hang around. It took its time in getting here so we have had pretty much a rain-free day till just a couple of hours ago.

Woody has done a lot of work in the yard today and then after lunch he walked to a nearby grocery store to get me a couple of limes that I needed for a new recipe that I tried for tonight's supper. I made chicken veggie wraps--they had a southwest flavor. I'm not going to say that they are my favorite, but an "ok" recipe. Woody seemed to like them pretty well. We had school this morning. Graham finished the applique on the baby blanket so tomorrow he will stitch the front and the back pieces of the blanket together. He did a great job with his applique. The children came in and out this afternoon. Abigail helped me stir together part of tonight's supper concoction. Graham is trying to make a K'nex airplane really fly so is trying to figure out rpm's! His daddy gave him a formula and Graham was using a calculator that Goosey gave him. Not sure that the K'nex plane will ever leave the ground on its own power, but it is a learning tool none the less! Woody is at Monday night prayer meeting. And, I'm getting ready to get tomorrow's art lesson ready and also getting ready to watch Dancing With the Stars! I plan to do a little hand sewing while watching once I get the art lesson ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment