Sunday, September 25, 2011

Realizations!

I have just realized something...when I saw today's date pop up on the blog...it is three months till Christmas!!!! Yikes! Yesterday after I blogged I realized that I had meant to mention that that a year ago yesterday's date, Woody retired...so he has been lazing around for a year now! Woody got up early and went on a six-mile walk. He came home and got ready for church. He was glad that he got ahead of me getting ready as about the time that I was getting ready our power went off and it stayed off till almost time to leave for church. I managed to get ready despite not having any light. We both went to the early church service. Then Woody's morning became different than most Sunday mornings...instead of teaching his Sunday School class, he headed off to a local nursing home to give the morning's message for the church service that our church provides there. That was my reference to Woody practicing yesterday...he had been practicing his sermon. After he finished there, he came back to pick me up after my Sunday School class. We came home and had lunch. Woody has read, watched a DVD, and started a game of Monopoly with Graham. I have been decorating for Fall. I had been planning to do the little decorating that I do for Fall for a week or more now...but I was thwarted by not being able to locate an item that I wanted to use...well, I came to grips with the fact that I wasn't going to find it and that I had better go on and decorate or it would be time to decorate for Christmas if I waited much longer! So I have been decorating, putting away the decorative items that had been out, and dusting when clearing off table tops, etc. Woody has gone to the evening church service.


No comments:

Post a Comment