Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dabs of Color on a Dreary Day!

Woody got up and walked in the rain. It has continually, at least dripped, since night before last. We have had a half inch today and since it all started Sunday night we have had a total of 2.77 inches. As you can see from tonight's picture the children did paint in our art class today. Today we talked about landscapes so they painted a landscape. I also had school with Elijah and Esther. After Elijah finished he went downstairs to read with Goosey (Woody). They have a good time naming pictures in a couple of Elijah's favorite books...Old MacDonald and Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever. Esther helped me set up for our art class and then her older siblings joined us. As soon as art class was finished, I headed out the door to get my hair cut. I had made the appointment five weeks ago...before school started and my appointment landed at Graham's time to have his sewing lesson. So he graciously let me change our school schedule and have his sewing lesson after lunch today. He is learning how to applique on the sewing machine and is doing a great job. He is practicing so he can applique a sailboat on a blanket for his baby brother. He will make the blanket also. Woody has read, watched a bit of TV, and rested on this rainy day. I ended up taking a power nap a couple of hours ago. I'm hoping that it is enough to get me through a concert that I'm getting ready to attend at our church...The Allen Family...a family of ten who travel all over in a bus (their home) giving concerts. Woody has walked to the prayer room and plans to bum a ride home with me after the concert!


No comments:

Post a Comment