Saturday, September 10, 2011

Honored

Goosey and I were treated to breakfast in our honor for Grandparents' Day. We got to celebrate a day early! Last evening Abigail arrived with a special invitation telling us of the breakfast event this morning. We sent back our RSVP with her...Goosey = "The good Lord willin'" and mine = "yes, I'll be there." The children cooked (with a bit of help from Mommy), set the table, served us, and were good entertainment, too. We had pumpkin pancakes...yum! We left after breakfast to go home so I could complete the grocery list so Woody could make his weekly rounds to the stores. Before he left, there was a knock on the door...Graham's secret knock. He came in to ask Goosey if he could go shopping with him. The rest of his family was going clothes shopping...and errands with Goosey sounded more to Graham's liking! Soon Goosey and Graham were off on a Saturday morning adventure together. One of their errands took them to Lowe's...and unbeknown to them this was one of Lowe's special "Build and Grow" programs for kids (Graham read the sign as they were going into Lowe's...or they wouldn't have known about it as Goosey didn't see the sign.). This is a totally free program...I think held twice a month...so Graham built a police car and came home with safety glasses, a work apron, and his project. He very nicely gave the police car to Elijah...to add to Elijah's growing collection of vehicles and BIG trucks! When Graham and Goosey got back to our house, Graham's family still wasn't home so I offered him lunch...gave him several choices, but he chose PB&J...easy choice since he made his own sandwich! Before he finished lunch his family got home so after his lunch he headed back home to show and tell them about his adventures with Goosey. One of the things that he and Goosey bought were some seeds so Graham can plant peas in a row along their fence. After Woody ate lunch, he headed back out to finish his errands...Kroger, library and the fruit and vegetable market. While all this was going on I was attempting to get my Sunday School lesson prepared for tomorrow...still working on it! Graham came over to work on a project with Goosey later this afternoon and after a while Abigail joined him. They ended up reading and then playing games. Abigail convinced me that she was about to play my favorite game...Tiddly Winks...and that I needed to take a break from Sunday School preparations and play a game with her! Graham played with us till he had to go home to set the table. Then I went back outside to work some more on my lesson. It was such a pretty day that I was doing my Sunday School lesson background reading sitting in the glider on our front porch. In between all his comings and goings, Woody has watched a bit of football and tennis, and is now watching a DVD from the library. I'm going to get back to attempting to complete the Sunday School lesson...this time inside making notes on my computer.



No comments:

Post a Comment