Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Fumblings!

I write this to the sound of rain on the rooftop and a bit of thunder rumbling in the background...guess we have a forecasted storm approaching. Another sign of Spring...pretty day...stormy day...cooler days...pretty day...warmer day...stormy day...another change in temperature! Woody got up early and decided to run some early errands...but his plans were foiled...dead battery. Nathan and he jumped the car and then Woody was off to buy a new battery (not part of his planned errands!). So we once again have two running cars! Now if I just felt like going some place! The only place that I have gone other than our house and Nathan and Kathy's in the last two weeks (or more) has been to church. I am feeling better...but still not 100%...though it does look like I am back to being able to eat normally...or at least easing back into "normal!" My left knee (original knee that was hurting) is definitely much better...not hurting...mainly still swollen a bit. My right knee started hurting because of overcompensation due to the left knee. Well, it seems much better today too...though I am treating it like the hurt knee now when climbing the stairs, etc. (up with the good and down with the bad). I slept in our bed for the first time in weeks last night and slept well. I have spent a good portion of the day working on Sunday's Sunday School lesson for my ladies' class. Late afternoon, I knew, wasn't a good time to nap BUT...my eyes wouldn't stay open so slept hard for a while...still don't feel awake...probably will wake up about bedtime! My nap foiled my plans for making supper (slept through supper!)...perhaps we will have that plan tomorrow! Cooking has been put on the back burner for a while since I haven't felt like eating or standing! Woody does a good job fending for himself...I'm so thankful that he can find his way around the kitchen! After getting a new battery, Woody was all set to run his original planned errands. He went to the library and he stopped for specials at the grocery stores he didn't go to yesterday. He has worked quite a bit in the yard...planting a big fern in one of our gardens, making a new "flower bed" using an idea that I had some time back and sowing some seeds in it, mowing the lawn...all kinds of outdoor jobs to be done before the rain settled in once again. Which brings me to the present...the rain has settled in and is supposed to be with us for a day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment