Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Next!

Today was Abigail's big day to get her retainer! Goosey (Woody) and she walked to the orthodontist, Post Office (right across the street from the orthodontist) and the library (on the way home from orthodontist). This isn't the greatest picture of Abigail (sorry, Abigail!), but in order to see the wire that is in the back of her teeth we had to take it this way! The wire behind her teeth is to keep her from thrusting her tongue on her front teeth. She probably got this from me (oops!). I thrust my tongue and brush my bottom teeth every time I swallow. I can remember my orthodontist explaining about the many, many, many pounds of pressure that are placed on teeth when a tongue thrusts this way. I never learned to stop doing it...thus I wear a permanent retainer to this day. We have had a busy day. I had sort of a shortened day of school with Elijah, Esther, Joy, and Abigail. Then Erin made a yummy chef salad for our lunch. After lunch, Erin and I headed to the church library and Woody and Abigail headed to the orthodontist. Erin was a great help to Donna, Fran and myself in the library. We got lots done with her help and all the reference books that we had taken off the reference shelves have the extra work done on them and they are back on the shelves! Yeah! Erin and I stopped at the public library on our way home from the church library. Erin wanted some DVD's and also some more books. She only got two books yesterday and had already finished one. The reader in us never wants to be down to "just one book!" So now she has plenty to choose from over the next few days that she will be here. While we were at the library, I checked to see if the next in the series that I'm reading was in and it was so I checked that out...so I'm in good shape reading-wise...one book started from the church library, one book started from the public library, one e-book checked out and started and in the midst of one audio book. This morning and late afternoon one or another of Erin's neighbor cousins drifted over to "play" with her once they got their school work done and we were back from the libraries. Nathan and Graham have really been working to get as much done as possible on their storage building before the rains/storms come tomorrow. I am impressed with what all they have done on the building. Graham is keeping his daddy straight! It was very warm today. It got up to the mid 80's, but those temps are supposed to go down a bit with the coming rain. Erin and I were tired after we got back from the libraries so we scratched the plans for supper tonight and had leftovers from last night and this noon and added a package of Italian mixed veggies. We'll get back on track with our "menus" tomorrow when we have a bit more time in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment