Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Frog Legs, Anyone?!?

Important science lesson for Graham today...and, a lesson for all (except for Isaac...he was napping)! Today was the day that Graham got to dissect a frog. I love the photo that shows what several of them thought about the smell...a Norman Rockwell moment?!? Elijah, Esther, Joy and Graham had a bit of Grammy school today on this rainy day. Elijah sounded out some more words. Esther read a bit more in Dick and Jane and then I read poetry to her out of one of my old Childcraft books. Joy worked on her addition and subtraction facts with flash cards and then we read a couple of stories. Graham came over we chased several rabbits while we came up with a plan to catch his sewing notebook up-to-date. After I took a few pictures of the dissecting lesson, I headed to the church to work for several hours in the library. Once again we accomplished several things...getting on with taking inventory. I actually managed to print some of the shelf lists that I had been having trouble with. Woody walked eight miles today. He did some mulching before the rain arrived. His major "task/experience" of the day was taking Abigail to buy her mother an early Mother's Day present...a pretty red geranium for their back porch. Goosey (Woody) had told Abigail that he would take her shopping on the next day that it rained...Abigail saw to it that he kept his promise! The rain brought cooler temps once again. Wonder which "winter" this is for Middle TN! I haven't been able to keep with the "winters" this Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment