Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mulchin' and Shuckin'

Woody started mulching (and weeding) pretty early this morning. He met his goal before the end of the afternoon so he continued on. He can "almost" see the light at the end of the tunnel for this job! I had Abigail, Graham, and Joy come over and have a bit of Grammy time. After lunch I headed off to get my hair cut. After I got back Esther and Elijah were so "into" playing outside that they decided to pass on school time today. I didn't push the issue as it was a beautiful day...perfect for playing outside...and tomorrow it is supposed to rain...plenty of time to do school on a rainy day! I sat on the driveway in the shade for a little while, trying to catch a photo op of a cardinal pair. I did get a try or two at the mama cardinal, but still waiting for a good shot at a daddy cardinal. I did manage to get a picture of one across the street this morning, but I would like a bit closer shot. Woody found me the photo op of the day...Joy and Esther out by the compost pile shucking/husking corn for their supper. Esther learned that corn has long silk rather than long hair! I spent the rest of the afternoon resting in the recliner upstairs. I'm still not a 100% after all my ailments of last week...but definitely better. My knee definitely seems to be on the mend. Woody left a while ago to walk to the prayer room...his walk of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment