Monday, October 23, 2017

A Breezy October Day!

We woke up to rain this morning.  The rain moved out, but we were left with a quite breezy day.  Woody waited till after lunch to go on his walk...hoping that the rain would have moved out...but he did get rained on a little and he definitely walked with the breezes blowing.

I had school with Joseph and then Isaac and Elijah came over and finished the book that we were reading.  We had another modified school day because Kathy went back to Georgia so she could go with her parents to her dad's post op appointment and find out about his radiation treatments.  Since I had part of the morning free from school, I decided that I would get busy on some Christmas sewing.  I completed another Christmas present before lunch.  This afternoon I made final plans for the embroidery designs that I have been choosing.  I have placed them on the clothing item...now to get thread colors chosen and then get my sewing machine set up to do machine embroidery.  I know that I HAVE to get busy on any Christmas sewing as Christmas is looming right around the corner.  I about choked when I heard today that there are only nine more weekends before Christmas!  Lots to do!  The presents that I have been working on have to be sent to Arizona...so even more of a time crunch on them.  At least we have begun our shopping...that's a good thing.

Woody returned a little while ago from Monday night prayer meeting at church.  I guess we are now settled in for another quiet evening.  Last night I did finish the book that Woody got me at the public library on Saturday and I am almost finished with another from the church library.  I don't hear the TV on downstairs so I figure that Woody is reading this evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment