Saturday, October 14, 2017

And, October Moves Right Along!

I can't believe that tomorrow will be the 15th of October...time is definitely flying...Christmas will be here before I blink many more times!  And, I still haven't really gotten underway with some of the sewing that I always do (ornaments).  Today I have spent most of the afternoon working on a baby present...this time burp cloths.  I told myself that I wouldn't blog till I had the embroidery designs done on the three that I am making...there's still quite a bit more to do on them...but the rest I'll be using the sewing part of my machine rather than the embroidery part.

Woody got up and walked his four miles this morning.  Later in the morning he went to the public library.  While my machine has been sewing away, I heard noises from the kitchen and soon good smells came wafting up the stairs.  Woody made a pot of Italian Bean Soup.  That's what we had for supper.  For lunch we had the chicken casserole that I put together yesterday so the flavors could meld.  Both the casserole and the soup are very good.

Tonight's photo was taken about this time of the year several years back...but it is about what it still looks like around here...just a bit of a hint of color.  I'm ready for the leaves to turn the brilliant colors of fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment