Monday, October 30, 2017

Great Pumpkin Time!

Well, the frost was on our pumpkin last night...by the looks of some of our plants we did have a freeze last night.  I'm glad that Woody covered most of our herbs as the ones that he didn't cover were not in very good condition today.  I guess I had better get busy and dry what I want of the basil before it gets gotten!  I have done some, but would like to do some more.  Yesterday I roasted several of our "grown by us" butternut squash and made butternut squash soup yesterday afternoon...pretty good...probably better because of the satisfaction of having grown them ourselves!

I had a whole morning of school today...even had long time with Abigail.  She got underway with making a zippered bag for a Christmas present.  Mid morning Woody went to Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff and then visited with several other friends there.  He waited to walk till after lunch.  This evening he went to Monday night prayer meeting and is back now watching TV and reading.  We are settling in for another quiet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment