Friday, October 13, 2017

Isaac Lives Up to his Name!

Isaac's name means "laughter" and he definitely brings laughter into our lives.  Since, yesterday, I concentrated on Joy's birthday in the blog, I decided to save yesterday's "Isaac story" till tonight.

Last night before Woody and I got to the girls' softball game, Isaac had fallen down in the parking lot and got a boo boo on his knee.  After I got sat down on the bleacher, he came to show me his newest boo boo...that wasn't what was funny...but what he said about it was what was funny.  He told me that his boo boo hurt worse than his "flea shot!"  A couple of days before he had gotten a "flu shot!"  I guess he should be immune from flea bites and a certain strain of flu this year...good to know! Also towards the end of last night's game he informed us that his boo boo was getting a "shell on it" (a scab)!  Like I said...he keeps us laughing! Five is such a cute age! Tonight's picture shows his smile minus two teeth on the bottom!  He has more teeth loose on top.  By Christmas, all he may want are his two front teeth!

Woody walked four miles early this morning.  A little while after he got home from his walk, he was heading out the door to do our weekly grocery shopping.  He went to Aldis, Kroger, and WalMart today...a bit more walking exercise.  I put the groceries away after he got home.  I have dabbled in the sewing room...thinking about my next sewing project.  I did wash two new pieces of fabric that I got yesterday on my errands.  Late this afternoon, Woody headed off with Nathan to pick up their RV that was having some work done on it. While Woody was gone, I got underway with a chicken casserole for us to eat over the weekend. After it gets put together to a point, it is supposed to sit in the refrigerator till it is time to bake it.  I just have one more step to go, but am waiting for the homemade cream of mushroom soup to cool before pouring it over the chicken mixture.  I think that we are settling in for the rest of a quiet Friday evening at our household. We both have books to read and Woody has the TV on and I might watch a show on my iPad or I might do a little more toward my next sewing project.  I have a baby present to make, another Christmas present to make and a pair of corduroy pants for me (the latter two are the fabrics that I washed today and are now in the drier.)  I still have a bit of picking up of items from last sewing projects.  If I pick up I will enjoy a new sewing project more!

No comments:

Post a Comment