Friday, October 27, 2017

A Howling Good Friday!

This dog skeleton greeted me at the door the last time I went to get my hair cut.  Later Jody showed me that it was sound activated.  She clapped her hands and it started howling.  Funny!

We have had a rather busy day.  Woody got up and walked early.  It was rather chilly, but no wind and not as chilly the last couple of days.  It has been a beautiful Fall day.  Woody did our weekly shopping and did a favor for our Sunday School Class.  Monthly our class grocery shops for a lady in our church.  Normally I pass around a grocery list and our class members sign up for the items on the list that they will take.  Last Sunday when the list was passed, I found out that lots of our members are going to be away this Sunday...at least the ones in class that day!  So in the end several gave money and I volunteered my "personal shopper" to shop for her groceries when he was shopping for ours.  After we got the groceries separated when he got home and got ours put away, we delivered the groceries.  I spent most of the morning and a good part of the day with my Christmas sewing.  I have the embroidery all done for my niece's gift...just need to stitch one of the embroideries on by hand and then it will be time to do the sewing that needs to be done to complete it.  I left it for a while and decided that I wanted to start making Christmas ornaments.  I managed to complete one ornament...best get going at that rate!  This evening Woody must have decided that I wasn't going to grace the kitchen (I get that way when I am being "creative!" The cooking and cleaning get done to the bare minimum!) because all of a sudden I realized that wonderful aromas were wafting up the stairs.  He made a new recipe for potato wedges that use a lot of herbs...rosemary was the one that I was smelling.  They were very good.  The recipe suggested dipping them in sour cream and chives...so I tried that and it did make them even yummier. Good cook, Woody!

No comments:

Post a Comment