Saturday, October 7, 2017

Liquid Gold

Yesterday was "make liquid gold" day = make chicken broth/stock.  I did a lot yesterday once Woody got home from the grocery store...and guess that did me in as I haven't had energy to do much of anything today! Yesterday I stewed a whole chicken...the start of the chicken broth/stock.  I deboned that chicken after it cooked and cooled...then threw the bones back in the broth to cook longer.  Woody also bought chicken thighs so I decided to debone them and threw those bones into the pot on the stove too.  The chicken thighs minus the bones got individually wrapped and frozen for a recipe at another time.  The liquid gold finished cooking just before Abigail's volleyball game and I strained it after it cooled some and I popped it in the fridge so the fat could rise to the top and solidify and then skim it off.  Today I washed, dried, and put away a load of clothes and have started sewing the pair of jeans that I cut out before Cheryl came for a visit...but haven't gotten very far on them yet.

Woody took his four-mile walk early this morning.  Then later in the morning he went to the library and then visited a church member who is in the hospital.  He also stopped and got us some more fresh spinach for the next soup recipe that I plan to make...I used up almost all of the spinach we had in the Italian Meatball Soup. This afternoon he has spent time reading and watching football on TV. It has been a pretty quiet Saturday for both of us.

I guess we are waiting to see if we will feel any of the effects of Hurricane Nate...hoping for some rain at least.  Rain and perhaps some thunderstorms are predicted tomorrow.  I know that the humidity seemed to be back up today and the temperatures were back up a bit too.  I think that I am feeling the approaching front or whatever in my bones...one of the reasons that I just felt like being lazy today and stick close to my recliner.

No comments:

Post a Comment