Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Cat is Out of the Bag!

I have been sitting on a secret for almost a week.  I was sworn to secrecy and told not to post anything!  And, no, the kids didn't get a cat while Kathy was gone!  I'll tell more about the cat in the photo later in the blog...there is a reason for his picture tonight beside illustrating a cat out of a bag!

Just about the moment that Kathy drove out of the driveway, Nathan and the children got busy on their "secret-household-improvement-project-while-Kathy-was-away!"  They have done this before much to the great joy of the children as it usually means tearing up something in the house!!!  Well, this time it was tear up most of the flooring on the first floor!  Yikes!  Kathy pulled in a little after 5 this evening and the project is FAR from being complete!  Nathan, Elijah, and Isaac were walking through our yard a little while ago and I asked what Kathy's reaction was.  And, Nathan said that she already knew all about their plan...Isaac had told her from the get-go that they were tearing up the flooring!  At being "told on," Isaac beamed all over and said, "Yes, secretly!"  So he told his mother the "house project secret" secretly...I guess that was the secret that got kept till she got home...that Isaac had told! I still don't know what Kathy's reaction was about the "wreckage" in her home while she was gone.

Now on to the story of the cat pictured in tonight's blog photo.  This cat has lived in the neighborhood for some time now...but for a couple of years (since his owner died) just wandered the neighborhood being fed at various places that had cats.  Our grandchildren...especially Joseph...just love this cat and they had dubbed him "Moustache" (I think that you can see why!).  For short they call him "Stache."  When it was found out by a neighbor across the street and a house down, that Stache had no "real home," they adopted him and told our grandkids that they could come visit him whenever they wanted.  Well, today the neighbor came into the library while Donna and  I were working and Isaac happened to be in the library talking with me.  Isaac looked at the neighbor and said, "I know you, you live at Stache's house!"  We all laughed.  Later when Isaac and Joseph were over here, I asked if they had gone to see Stache when they got home from the church and they said that they had.  I was talking to Isaac about seeing our neighbor and asked Joseph if he had seen him at church.  Joseph immediately knew what I was talking about and he said, "Yes, I saw Stache's daddy at church!"  So whether the cat was let out of the bag or whether the pictured cat is given the ownership of a neighbor's house or declared the neighbor's son...we have had some good laughs due to the children today.

Woody walked four miles early this morning and then later in the morning walked to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription...double walking got done today.  I had school with Isaac and Joseph today.  Joseph stayed a good part of the morning...hanging out with Woody after he finished with school with me.  I finished one of the sewing techniques for my Facebook sewing club notebook.  After lunch, I headed off to the church library.  We got quite a bit done in the library along with starting another book order.




No comments:

Post a Comment