Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween 2017 = Milestone = 3000th Post!

I guess the little spooks and goblins are probably out in full force tonight since it is a very mild night here in Middle Tennessee.  The doorbell has rung several times and there have been a couple of knocks on the door...but where we are situated in our neighborhood, the trick or treaters seem to not come over our way.  They come into our neighborhood but then go down the street that is in front of Nathan's house or the street that is at the other end of ours...and that leaves the two or three houses on our side of the street without a lot of traffic.  At first it seemed like we might have more and then for the last 20 or so minutes nary a one has come to our door.  Because we have so few, I tend to be a bah humbug sort of person and would just as soon just leave our light off.  I spend most of my evenings upstairs and don't want to be going up and down too many times anyway.  Woody wants to leave the light on so I give it over to him to answer the door!  But...he is in the family room with the TV on and it is hard to hear the light knocks of some of the children.  I know that he missed one knock...though I did attempt to make him aware that there was someone there by thudding my feet on the floor above him...but he was oblivious to my attempt to make him aware of a little goblin at our door. And, since that knock there hasn't been another!  We got trick-or-treated early this morning...several of our neighbor grandchilren got dressed up in costumes and came over this morning to trick or treat because they are juggling at a Fall Festival this evening.

I have been watching the countdown...well, really the count "up" for the number of blog posts that I have made...and tonight...Halloween night...marks the 3000th post.  Oh, my...lots of words...lots of  photos...lots of water under the bridge...lots of happenings...I am glad that these days it is mostly just my photos and a few words about our rather hum drum days...so glad that my first words of doom and gloom have turned into words of remission and no evidence of disease!

Joy had her long time with me today.  She continued working on her paper pieced quilting.  She is going to have these few squares that she has created be the center of a small throw-size quilt...maybe...pretty slow go...since her time in the sewing room is very limited...though, I tell both Abigail and Joy that they can come over in their free time and do some more sewing.  Usually their free time gets taken up with something else.  Woody walked to the prayer room after he had lunch today because he didn't want to have to be out tonight...and I'm glad he is here to open the door...speaking of...the doorbell just rang again.

Well, I will bring this 3000th post to a close.  I thank each of my readers for sticking with us through thick and thin!  Woody and I really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers that have brought us to this point in my blogging history!


No comments:

Post a Comment