Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Clean Up: Kitchen Aisle!

I guess I was faced with the first BIG mess of 2019.  Woody cooked his own eggs this morning and dropped the bottle of olive oil.  The lid was on it...but it popped off when it hit the floor!  What a mess.  I thought that it must have been about the whole bottle, but was surprised with how much was still in it.  The spill went from in front of the stovetop...well, maybe the microwave all the way to the door into the family room.  It took tons of paper towels to just get the pool up off the floor. Then I washed it twice with the Swiffer wet mop and decided that wasn't going to cut it so got out our old sponge mop and used Dawn and ammonia on it and then rinsed it with water and white vinegar.  And, finally we weren't slipping with every step.  After the mess was cleaned up, I got to thinking about it and realized how much worse it could have been...it could have been a glass bottle and I would have had to get up broken glass along with the oil!!  The mess didn't seem quite as bad after that thought!

I have ticked off quite a few more things on my "to-do" list prior to heading to the hospital on Friday. I got my prescriptions transferred back to our drugstore and picked up a prescription for Woody.  I went to the church library and turned in money for memorial books and also did maintenance in the library, and gave Woody's substitute Sunday School teacher the lesson for this week.  I have another load of wash in the dryer and will get them out and put away after I blog.  That load will have all our clothes washed prior to the hospital visit.  Anyway, the list is getting shorter of "to-dos!" And, that's a good thing.  I also wrote a PDF file for my sewing club, got Woody to proof it, the club head to approve it, and published it on our club's Facebook page.

Woody has taken it easy most of the day except for working a little in the kitchen—cooked his breakfast and made a mess and did wash a few dishes by hand.  He has done puzzles, watched some TV and read.  I got him another book at the church library that I thought he might like to have at the hospital (depending on how alert he is!).  But if he stays through the weekend, he way want to do a little reading!

I wonder how soon tomorrow we will find out the time for his surgery and the time we have to be there. I "should" know a time tomorrow night when I blog.  If I haven't heard by then, I will think that we have fallen through a hole in the system!  For some reason for the last year, we haven't been getting any reminder calls for his Vandy appointments.  I did look today and he is on the calendar for surgery for Friday...just no time...and, we were told that we would be told tomorrow...figure we will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment