Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Out of Routine!

Maybe one of my favorite barn pictures will make things seem more normal!  Hare to come back to reality after spending five days in the hospital...especially since reality is so out of the norm!

We got a call from Woody's home health nurse fairly early this morning.  She was setting up the time to come.  She has to draw blood once a week one half hour prior to his antibiotic infusion and today needed to get some paper work done prior to doing that.  She arrived a little after 11am and was her for more than two-and-a-half hours.  Loooooooong time!  She did help/watch me do Woody's first home infusion of antibiotics...not a hard task at all.  And, she asked tons and tons of questions.  We were rather ready for lunch by the time she left!  She or another nurse will come on Friday and change the surgical dressing on his leg.  I'm glad to have someone else do that first dressing change!  I keep trying to convince folk that I am not a nurse, but Woody keeps coming up with situations that put me into nursing-type situations!  I'm ready for him to discontinue such situations!  Tomorrow Woody's physical therapist will come.

I did talk to Woody's nephrologist's nurse today and got the green light for him to eat protein!  And, he won't be going to his lab appointment tomorrow.  I will turn in lab work from Woody's multiple labs during the hospital stay.  They were happy to hear that his kidney function level had risen to 25% on his last labs from Vanderbilt.

Woody is being watched closely on his kidney function during these antibiotic infusions.  He is getting three pretty high powered antibiotics.  Hopefully the antibiotics can kick the infection out and not mess with his kidneys too badly!

I ran to the parmacy after they opened this morning.  And, I'm still trying to find time to unpack and do a few things around the house.  A lot of getting back into routine just couldn't happen today because of all that was going on.  I gave Woody something to eat after the nurse left and I made myself a grilled sandwich.  I went upstairs after eating and sat down in my chair and didn't wake up till a coule of hours later...must have slept pretty hard as when I woke up I was disoriented and thought that it was morning...but then I realized that I was hearing Nathan and Woody talking and I couldn't figure out why Nathan was over so early!!  I went to sleep when it was still daylight and woke up in the dark.  Guess I'm tired!  Wonder why!

I fixed our supper...Woody wanted some pork so fixed a couple of loin pork chops.  He said that supper tasted good.

As soon as I blog I'm going to take my iPad down to Woody to let him check on a few things.  I don't think that he is much interested in coming upstairs quite yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment