Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Woody Told Me To!


Okay...will try again.  I wanted to post tonight's photos at the bottom as some may not want to look.  And when I added them after I wrote the whole blog everything disappeared!  So...if at first I don't succeed, I will try, try again!

Woody's nurse was a bit late today so that got things off at a slow rate and then when she tried to do the blood draw through the picc line it wouldn't work...it had before, but not today.  So she had to stick him...so a longer process.  Which put us a bit farther behind.  She wasn't finished till a little after 1pm and I didn't get the infusion going till almost 1:15pm...for his noon infusion.  But we got it done.  I had also planned to post a picture tonight of the neat infusion pumps that the IV antibiotic is in...but putting that at the top may have caused the problem...who knows.  Nothing has gone smoothly today!  Well, school went pretty well, except I had to interrupt readers to do this or that with Woody's medications, etc.

We did find out today that the nurse will only be coming on Wednesdays, thirty minutes prior to his infusion.  I asked her if she would come a bit early next Wednesday because Woody has an appointment in Tullahoma a little after 1pm.  Hopefully it will go more smoothly next week.  At least she will be prepared if his picc line still won't allow her to draw blood from it.  The picc line is working fine for the antibiotic and saline to go into it...thank goodness!

Sorry about the picture...I don't think that the incision looks all that great this week.  I guess I didn't look very closely last week.  I'm not much at looking at such things...but Woody wanted it posted so...here it is for those who can stand to look at such things.  I know that my nurse friends will be interested!





No comments:

Post a Comment