Friday, January 25, 2019

Flew the Coop!

We both flew the coop this morning.  Woody headed off to run errands with his friend who doesn't have any transportation.  I headed off with friends to have lunch and poke around in several stores.  It was good for both of us to get out of the house.  It was especially nice not to have to have any thoughts about health care...no nurses...no PT...no antibiotic infusion.

My friends and I went to a near-by town to a restaurant that we had gone to breakfast the last time we got together.  When we were on our way out after breakfast that day, we happened to see a hamburger being served that looked delicious and we said that we needed to go back and try their hamburger sometime.  Well, today was that day...and, it was worth going back for...just a good old-fashioned hamburger...and the fries were yummy aka hot and crispy, too!  One of our stops took us to an antique "store." I don't know if where you live you have stores like this, but around here there are quite a few of them.  Stores that folk "rent" areas of the store and set up their wares...antiques or craft items and sell them...in what I will call "booths."  We have a friend who sells in this particular place and we wanted to see what she had in her booths.  In the end, I think that I was the only one to purchase something there, and I just happened upon a Christmas ornament of our church.  It was numbered 30/100.  I had never seen this ornament before and have no idea when it came out or where it was originally sold.  But I know that it can't be any older than when we had a fountain put in the green area across from our church building that is part of our church campus, as this ornament shows the fountain.  Anyway, I have a new ornament for our Christmas tree!  I have an ornament of the church where I grew up in AZ and now I will have one of our church that I have gone to since we were married. (Woody can add a year to that since he moved here after graduation from college.). Anyway, we had a good time today eating, shopping, and mainly just a good time being together!

No comments:

Post a Comment