Thursday, January 10, 2019

King for a Day!


It has been another busy day and at this point in the day I'm not sure exactly what we've done!

The important part of the day is that it's Isaac's seventh birthday.  He arrived at our door quite early this morning all dressed up in his early birthday present, a king's costume.  He was checking to see when Goosey's physical therapy person was coming!  At that point we hadn't heard.  They decided to come over here as soon as Abigail got home from Montessori (a little after 11am).  We decided that was a good time as it was before Goosey's (Woody's) antibiotic infusion. So presents and cake and ice cream BEFORE lunch!  We had it our house so Woody wouldn't have to walk over to their house!  As you can see from the second photo, he joined us in the living room for the party.

Woody is dong really great.  He is already walking with his foot flat and trying to walk more and more.  The physical therapy guy was impressed with progress made since he got home from the hospital.  He left Woody with lots of exercises.  He downloaded them to our laptop and in a little while I plan to print some of the exercises off that have to do with exercising the ankles, knees, and hips.  He will stop in periodically to check on Woody.  I don't think that he set up an actual date to come back.  I went to the grocery store while he was here with Woody so I'm not totally in the know about this home health visit!

I have been cooking since I got home from the grocery store.  I made our supper and got a chicken stewing on top of the stove.  Then made chicken broth and cut up the pieces of chicken to be used in chicken soup.  I needed the chicken broth for two soups that I plan to make tomorrow and wanted to get it cooked today so it can chill in the refrigerator overnight.  I came up to blog while it while the broth was simmering so I could blog and rest my back.  I had no intention to rest my eyes but I seemed to have no control over my eyes shutting!  Then when I woke up everything was messed up with the blog...maybe I it some buttons in my sleep?!?  So I left the blog alone and went downstairs to get the broth ready to strain and then came back up to figure this out!  Now to go back downstairs and get the broth strained and ready to go in the fridge and finish cleaning up the mess!

Busy, busy day!  Happy birthday, Isaac!!


No comments:

Post a Comment