Saturday, January 26, 2019

Saturday

I started off my part of the day getting ready to go to the grocery store.  Normally we go on Friday, but since I went off with friends yesterday, I put my part of the shopping off till today.  Woody did make a quick trip in and out of Aldis yesterday.  I went to Walmart and Kroger today.  I left Woody at home to take out his infusion medicine two hours prior to his infusion.  I was home and had the groceries out away before it was time for his antibiotic infusion.  He will skip his infusion tomorrow...another respite day with no nurses, no PT, and no infusions.  All that will start up again on Monday...with PT and an infusion.  Then Tuesday...no infusion...but should be gone most of the day for four appointments at Vanderbilt.  I say should be gone because there is a forecast of snow during the night Monday night into Tuesday morning.  We will have to be up dark and early in order to get to his first appointment which is a little after 8am.  I hope that roads are such that we can go and get all those appointments behind him.  Tuesday is also his six-month check with his Melanoma doctor.  He is scheduled to see the doctor and have a CT scan and labs.  The early appointment is with the infectious disease clinic...his three-week after he was dismissed from the hospital appointment to see them.  He has to go back to see the infectious disease folk in three weeks after this week, also. I think at that point if all is going well, he will be finished with the antibiotic infusions and also the two oral antibiotics. That day he will also see Dr. Holt and have X-rays done of his leg.  Just one appointment after another every time we turn around!




No comments:

Post a Comment