Monday, January 14, 2019

Monday Routine

The children and I got back into routine with school here at Grammy's.  We had a good morning.  While Joy was having her long time (She painted.), home health physical therapy came.  He said that Woody was doing great and that he was ahead of schedule.  Woody has had a slight set back as he pulled/stretched a ligament near his knee over the weekend.  At first he thought that he had done it with an exercise, but then when he did it again last night he realized what had happened.  When he lies down on the couch, he lifts the hobbled leg with his other leg...and it slipped off when he was lifting it.  When it happened again last night, he realized when he had done it.  The physical therapy
person said that it would just take a bit for it to heal.  Woody can continue with his exercises, but not do ones that bother his knee.

We did go to Sunday School yesterday and that worked very well.  I dropped him off close to the door that leads to his classroom, helped him in by opening doors and carrying his Bible, etc. and then reversed the procedure when I picked him up.  Tonight he has gone to the Monday night Furnace Room Prayer meeting.  Kathy took him.  I'm sure that it was good for him to get out and change his surroundings for at least a little while.  This afternoon our pastor stopped by to check on him.  We thought that the home health nurse was going to come today to change the surgical dressing, but she didn't ever come.  It is hard on me to not know when PT, nurses are going to come.  I spent a lot of time yesterday afternoon getting Woody's lab reports printed to take to Woody's Tullahoma nephrologist and then didn't ever got a chance to take them because I kept waiting for the nurse to come.  I will take them tomorrow no matter what.  No health personnel has told us that they will be here tomorrow. The antibiotic infusions seem to be going well.  We have established a routine around
getting the infusion going at noon.  Now next week may get harder to keep to that routine since he has three days with doctor appointments that we may need to be traveling before the infusion is finished...going to check to see if we can start then a little earlier on those days.  The hardest one will be the following week, when he has an appointment scheduled at noon...he has appointments from 8ish that day on into the early afternoon...four total appointments which include seeing the infectious disease doctors, a CT scan for his six month melanoma screening, labs for melanoma screening, and sees his melanoma doctor.  I appreciate that the infectious disease folk attached them to a day we were already going to Vandy, but I'm not sure exactly how it will all work out and for me to be able to give an infusion away from home!  I'm sure things will work out...one way or another!

This afternoon I have continued to try to do some things around the house.  I did manage to get the Precious Moments Nativity boxed up and put in the upstairs hallway ready to be put away.  I plan to have the children put the Fisher Price nativity into their boxes and up in the hallway too.  Then I have
some Christmas ornaments and decorations that were gifts at Christmas that I need to box I and put away too.  Thank goodness I didn't have a lot of Christmas to put away this year!  I'm also working on catching up with the laundry.  As soon as I publish this I will go down and get one load out of the drier and get another load washing.  I made another pot of soup today...this time just for me...potato soup...I have some for now and froze some for later.   I did have to stop between tasks this
afternoon and have a little afternoon siesta.  I did feel better after a short rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment