Monday, July 6, 2020

Can You Solve This?

The above problem showed up on Facebook this morning and for some reason I decided that I would see if Woody could solve it. It took both of us...me for the tricky details that are within the problem and then Woody to actually solve it. We won't say how many wrong answers we gave before we finally got it right! But let's say that it did take up some of our "spare" time today! After he got it solved, I still had to have him explain it to me! I am not nor have I ever been a lover of math. But he is a mathematician so figured that between the two of us...and finally we did get it solved. After solving it, I was to post the same problem on my Facebook "page." Which I did and have been having to tell folk all afternoon that they got it wrong...so far only 6 have gotten the answer right...Melany even got in on it...we have had a couple of phone conversations over it! Was it worth spending all that time on...well...probably not, but it was a different way to spend the day! Woody headed off to have labs done for his upcoming appointment with his nephrologist. When he got home, he spent time doing some weeding along the road edge of the garden we share with Nathan and Kathy and family. He can sit on the railroad ties that are stacked on the front of that garden. It was pretty hot outside today. I watered and did some deadheading on the plants that are on our patio slab. And, emptied the compost bucket a couple of times...that was enough outside time for me! I finished another book this afternoon...needed to read to soothe my brain after all that mathematical thinking from this morning! We had an enjoyable, though quiet, fourth weekend. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment