Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Soooooo Hot!

As far as I'm concerned it is too hot to do anything...especially outside. I did water this morning before it got too hot. But the trip to the mailbox after lunch was just a "too hot walk," as was taking out the garbage. I came back in after each of those outings and collapsed into my recliner with the ceiling fan going full speed and the AC on! Each job I did either inside or out just seemed to take extra effort today. I did manage to get a load of clothes washed and dried. Woody sat out on the front porch for a while this afternoon. He enjoys basking in the hotness! As you can tell...not me! It was too hot to cook so luckily I had plenty in the fridge so we "scrounged" today. The microwave heated up our lunches and this evening we both ate cold salads. The good news for the day is that Wade's mom was discharged from the hospital and transported to rehab. And, it did work out that she is having rehab at the same facility that will be her assisted living residence. She was doing better today. She was able to put a little weight on her left leg. So...progress! I hope that rehab goes well for her and that it won't be too long before she is up and about and able to move into her new home! Woody received a call from his surgeon's office confirming his appointment tomorrow. I wonder if he will have a surgery date after he sees him tomorrow. I am guessing that he will. In the meantime...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! And, try to stay cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment