Wednesday, July 29, 2020

'Twas the Night Before Surgery

I've done a little of this and very little of that today...mainly have attempted to be ready for heading out the door in time to get us to the hospital before 7am...as long as we don't oversleep we should be fine, since we live so close to the hospital. We rarely oversleep, but it seems that when we HAVE to be up and about that it is harder to wake up on time. Normally we are both awake early...so we will see if we are in the morning! There is always the possibility that I won't sleep much...that happens when I am concerned about having to be up a certain time. Someone from the hospital called late this afternoon asking if he had any Covid symptoms. I told her "no." So she said that we were good to go! Woody expected to hear about his Covid test today, but he didn't. Speaking of Covid testing my Arizona friend whose mother had Covid 19 is still waiting to hear from her test 18 days after taking it. Her mom is doing well, but my friend isn't feeling well. She thinks that she probably has Covid 19...at least she is treating herself as if she has it. Now if we can get through our hospital time without picking up the virus...so much for sheltering at home! Circumstances take us away from home at times. I ran an errand this afternoon...thinking that my patient might need me home on Friday when I would have to run the errand...so went a couple of days early. I guess my inner clock must be confused. I forgot that it was Wednesday and almost forgot to have my weekly "library meeting" with Donna. I was talking on the phone with Melany when I realized it was Wdnesday. Donna and I ended up private messaging each other. She said that she knew that it was Wednesday because she had gone to the Farmers' Market this morning. Woody headed off early this morning for his TN Oncology appointment. He got labs done and got his B-12 shot and his anemia shot and saw the doctor. So he had his 2nd medical appointment of this week. I guess the first two lead up to the main one that will happen tomorrow. I will report tomorrow on how everything goes with his surgery. Be safe? Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment