Friday, July 17, 2020

Friday Fun?

Our main activities of the day have been porch sitting (for Woody) and baking cookies (for me). And, we have both done some reading. And, of course, Woody has worked crossword puzzles. Just a quiet day for us. It has been really hot, once again. I'm going to go out and water the patio container gardens. I've talked to Melany and she said that Wade's mom is doing fairly well. tonight they are celebrating Alex's birthday. His birthday isn't until next week, but they planned an early celebration prior to Grandma Proctor moving to assisted living...oops...that didn't work out. Nathan and Kathy dropped off Alex's birthday cheesecake when they went to Murfreesboro on Wednesday. Melany ordered one of Abigail's specialities: a Reese's peanut butter cheesecake. Alex is celebrating a week early and, I doubt that anyone realizes (except me) that he is celebrating on what would have been his great grandmother's 108th birthday. I guess I'll head out to water before it gets too dark...it is starting to get darker earlier these days...each day gets shorter now that we are in the second half of the year! I jus had a drop down on my iPad that showed that one of my childhood friends had made a new Facebook post. I went immediately to read it as I was sure that it was good news...her almost 92-year-old mother just got home from the hospital. She is home having put both Covid19 and pneumonia behind her. She went into he hospital on Monday and she got to come home today. As my friend said...wear your masks and wash your hands! She caught Covid from her son and grandsons who live next door to her. They didn't believe in wearing masks...until they got Covid and then passed it on to their mother and grandmother. They are part of Arizona's pandemic statistics! So as I say each night: Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment