Saturday, July 25, 2020

Trapping in the Backyard

Elijah's squirrel count is 47. He decided to set one trap in the front yard and one trap in the back yard to see if he could get any of the backyard squirrels. He put the larger trap in the backyard and he got what this size trap is meant for...a raccoon! I told Nathan that since this wasn't a bird food stealer that they didn't have to relocate it...but Nathan thought that it might be their corn raider so they chose relocation! Elijah is so close to his 50 squirrel goal...it just isn't happening as quickly as it once did! For the moment our front yard squirrel population is waaaaaaaay down! Woody and I got our grocery list ready this morning and I headed off for my every two-week Kroger trip. Today is the first time that I have been when masks were mandatory. I will say that for the most part folk complied. I only saw one man without a mask. My pet peeve for today is for the folk who wear their masks under their nose! Just saying! I had the most impressive checkout clerk and grocery bagger! The job was done in record time. I was one of the lucky ones who was in a line of at least three carts and the checkout lane next to me opened up. I couldn't get my groceries out fast enough...by the time I put the last item on the conveyer belt, whe was ready for it. I typed in my customer code and she gave me my total! The bagger helped me so much by scanning the two large items in the base of my cart so I didn't have to pick them up again! And, I had the right change this time...last week I was told that they were rounding up all totals if I didn't have the correct change (we still deal in cash...not cards). And, that the rounded up amount would be given to charity. That week I had just given my change to Nathan so had to let them round up...today Woody gave me his little change purse and I had the exact amount. I got home to find the raccoon and cage on our front walkway. I asked Isaac to have Elijah to move it off so I wouldn't have to take a detour around it on each of my trips to and from the car. I found out why it was on the walkway...it was digging up our yard...reason that Nathan put it on the sidewalk. Oh, well, didn't do too much damage before they relocated it! I got the groceries in and then had to put them away. Grocery days are days that I don't feel like cooking...too much dealing with food without having to cook it too! So we are eating the rest of the leftovers and I will start over with my cooking tomorrow...after all, as Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day!" Woody has enjoyed an afternoon of baseball on TV. He is glad to have the teams playing once again! Even though "his team" wasn't featured in any of today's games, he still enjoyed watching the games and glancing at the bottom of the screen to see that the St. Louis Cardinals were winning. Woody is happy the Cardinals won both yesterday's d today's games. He enjoys reading about the game statistics, etc. on the internet after the game is over. So he made two trips upstairs today...this morning to read email and print crossword puzzles and this evening to read more email and read about the Cardinal's win. Baseball action makes the summer feel more "normal" to Woody! It was strange to see a game played with no crowd...except for some cardboard cutouts and some fancy graphics that could fool one into thinking that there were folk in the stadium...and noise effects! Anyway, it was an enjoyable pastime for Woody today. Today is our oldest grandson's 23rd birthday. Happy birthday, Alex! He is in a wedding in Mississippi this weekend...hope he gets home safely and stays well! I did send him the photo that is tonight's blog photo and told him that I understood that he was looking for a pet...indicating it might be a good birthday present! He didn't think so...but passed it off on his mom that she wouldn't want it! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment