Monday, July 13, 2020

Monday Mania

I guess today's "mania" was cooking mania. I decided that it would be good to make a couple of main dish salads. I wanted one that Woody can't have and then wanted to make one that would work with Woody's diet. It has taken most of the day for me to accomplish getting them made. I had to make homemade mayonnaise for Woody's and since I don't buy canned soups any more, I needed to make cream of celery soup for mine. There was lots of veggie dicing. While I was dicing for one salad, if the other had the same veggie in it, I diced for that one, too. I also had to boil eggs and cook rice...anyway...it took a good portion of the day and a good many dishes! At one point I didn't have any measuring cups clean. I loaded the dishwasher and still had lots more to wash that didn't fit in. After I blog, I guess I will have lots to put away...the ones that finished a little while ago in the dishwasher and the ones that I wished by hand...all should be dry and ready to put away when I go back downstairs. Woody chose to wait to eat supper till he finished a book so he still hasn't eaten. Today he ran a couple of errands. He delivered church literature to several of his Deacon families and also picked up a couple of prescriptions for me at the pharmacy. The rest of the day he has spent inside reading, working crossword puzzles and watching TV. I think that squirrel count is at 46...might be 47. I just know that Elijah is closing in on 50! He told me that he hasn't spent any of his squirrel earnings. He has something in mind that he is saving for. Graham finished his second day at his new job, pin setter and tech person at the local bowling alley. I think that he is enjoying working there...at least he wants to talk about his job so for a 17-year-old guy that is a pretty good indication that he is happy with his employment at the present! Hopefully it is just the type of job for a college student. We'll see how it goes once his Motlow classes begin. Sounds like the hours are perfect to be able to juggle both college classes and work hours. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment