Saturday, July 11, 2020

The Larder is Fuller

Well, the larder may be fuller than it wasbefore I went to Kroger, but that didn't mean that I ended up cooking any of it as I was too tired after making the trip to the store and getting it put all away! So we ate on leftovers for lunch and supper. Maybe I'll be more inspired to cook something tomorrow! That trip to the store seems to take something out of me...especially in this heat! It has been hot again today, but it didn't feel as hot, at least to me, because the humidity was down some today. It made it much easier to breathe! After I got all the groceries put away and ate lunch, I came upstairs to do a little reading...well...not much reading got done, but I did get in a good nap! Woody has stayed home today. He enjoyed sitting out on the front porch for a while this afternoon. I continue to enjoy going through the cookbooks that the Hasty's brought yesterday. As I go through them, I am reminded of times in the past when Woody and I would go to a really nice bookstore in the Nashville area (some will remember Davis Kid Booksellers). I would enjoy spending time in the cookbook section looking for a new cookbook to add to my cookbook collection. I feel like I am browsing through a cookbook section as there are so many to go through! I have copied one recipe into my iPad recipe app. I found a cheesecake cookbook that I took over to Abigail. I figured it would give her some more ideas of kinds of cheesecakes she might add to her repertoire. I've talked to several friends today...enough to run down the battery on both my cordless phones! It was good to catch up. These days we miss getting together to just talk due to all the quarentining so the phone comes in handy to let us socialize! Nice to talk with friends! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment